Beyond the Bomb is a people-powered campaign working to free our planet from nuclear violence.
Our activists work to build power every day on the local, state, and national levels to prevent nuclear war and put an end to the exploitative and morally bankrupt system that support these horrific weapons.
Our Vision: A Planet That Has Moved Beyond the Bomb
- Governments invest in human needs over weapons of mass destruction.
- Cooperation and community are stronger forces than fear and violence.
- The interests of citizens always come before corporations and businesses.
- Communities impacted by the nuclear system are recognized and delivered justice.
- Nuclear weapons are forever consigned to the dustbin of history.
Our Key Issues:
- Adopt No-First-Use: A binding agreement by nuclear-armed states to never use nuclear weapons first would be a critical step toward preventing a disastrous nuclear exchange and pave the way to deep reductions in these arsenals. This can and should begin in the United States, which has no need to rely on the first use of nuclear weapons in any conflict.
- End Sole Authority: No single person should have the power to start a nuclear war that kills millions of people. In these alarming times, we fiercely champion emergency legislation that will restrain the President’s absolute power to use nuclear weapons, like the Restricting First Use of Nuclear Weapons Act.
- Block A $1.7 Trillion Nuclear Spending Spree: America should focus on funding education, healthcare, and infrastructure — not investing $1.7 trillion in nuclear weapons, which only serve to perpetuate the status quo.
- Increase Superfund Support: The US government must prioritize funding the cleanup of toxic waste left from decades of nuclear weapons production and testing, which does devastating harm Americans and the environment.
- Enact Restorative Nuclear Justice: Vulnerable communities at home and abroad still suffer from the long-term impacts of the nuclear system and deserve recognition, justice, and reparations.